Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WTF with 2013 part dos

I left off my last post at about 23 wks preggers and getting chubbier by the minute.  I would be lying if I said I was thrilled about my weight gain, but in the grand scheme of things I had heavy on my mind getting chubby just wasn't at the top of the list.  

I did spend lots of time thinking about this: 
That was the "BIG" ultrasound.  Thankfully, it showed a whole lot of healthy baby with everything right where it was supposed to be.  We decided to be weird and didn't find out the baby's gender. (Being "Team Green" is a challenge but I highly recommend it --- it truly is a wonderful moment in the delivery room. But trying to find gender neutral baby things???  Oy!!  I could write a 50 page post about how hard it is.) 

Anyways, I kept nomming and Baby J kept growing. Here's the proof:


28 weeks


35 weeks


38 weeks


40 weeks

I ended up being induced at 41 weeks.  This Baby was snuggly buggly in there because at 41 weeks I was not dilated or effaced -- in other words, I had ZERO sign of labor.  I was HUGE and miserable. I started begging (jokingly) to be induced at 39 weeks.  I got more serious with every OB appt.  I was due 2 weeks before Christmas.  Under most circumstances I would have liked to have waited for labor to come on naturally but, for so many reasons, I really didn't want to be in the hospital having a baby on Christmas. My OB finally gave in and let me be induced the week before Christmas.  

Everything went amazing.  As childbirth goes, I can't imagine it being any more straight forward (I didn't say easy, just straightforward.) Nothing too wacky or scary, just some good ol' baby birthing.  When all the dust cleared we got this for all our effort: 




Our sweet Baby Girl!! Miss Temple  9lbs 4oz & 20.5ins   BEST. Christmas. present. evah!!! 


While babybaking was the biggest news of our 2013 it wasn't the only thing.  In April we had 4 legged fuzzy addition to our family.  

This is Rigby. He was saved from being run over in our local grocery store parking lot.  

He is an awesome little dog and he will be a great companion for the Little Girl. He already cares a great deal about her.  

Sadly, we also said goodbye to our Basset Hound, Everett.  He was the last of our 4 Hounds.  It was so devastating because they were our first "babies".  But I firmly believe that our pets know when it's okay to go and my Everdoodle had gotten me through a lot of heart aches.  We lost him only weeks before the Baby Girl was born and I think he knew it was okay. That Mama would be okay.  


This guy was just such a fantastic dog.  We miss him so much.  

Next on the list of big, big changes was The Hubs job.  His job had begun to really stress him out and take a toll on him.  He wasn't enjoying it at all which was sad because it started out as a really awesome gig.  Fortunately he was presented with an opportunity to work for himself and it has worked out really, really well.  There was a tiny bit of stress in the beginning. It kinda freaks a gal out when she is 30 wks prego and Daddy leaves his steady paycheck and benefits to pursue something that isn't guaranteed even though it has the potential to way, way better than she can imagine.  Fortunately, it is going very, very well so far.  Not to mention that a self employed Daddy has way more freedom to spend time with his new baby girl.  

So there you go.  That was 2013.  There have been some big developments so far in 2014 but that's for another post. Hopefully, I will get y'all caught up on 2014 sometime before it's over. :-0























::



3 comments:

  1. 2013 seems like quite a year for you, congrats on the additions to your family and my condolences on the loss of your dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! How are you doing nowadays? Congrats on your gorgeous baby girl and new doggie! I'm sorry to hear about your loss of your old friend dog as well… very sad. Be well.

    ReplyDelete