Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ten (maybe) Rants Thursday.....

Mad props to Laura for TTT.

1) Today is the first day of TOM which prolly accounts for my post title.  I'm a smidge cranky.  Fair warning this may be a little lot ranty.

2) Since today is the first day of TOM it means I have officially completed my first cycle of fertility charting.  My OB will begin the hormone testing in cycle 3 and we can start trying again with cycle 4.  WOOT!!  Also since my fertility charting hinges completely on charting cervix mucus (TMI, I know), 5 days of TOM means a 5 day vacation from evaluating what being produced by my lady station. Double WOOT!!

3) I forgot to mention that September 5 was my estimated due date for pregnancy fail #1 -- I managed to make it till around 5pm without thinking about it.  I also managed to think about it without having a total emotional breakdown.  Progress, I guess?

4) Speaking of due dates--   Remember the pregnant cousin-in-law?  You know, the one who announced her 5wk pregnancy on FB the same day I found out about pregnancy fail #1 ?? The one who announced on Mother's Day that she would be naming her son Jacob which was the boy name that my Hubs and I had been planning on using for years --- this was after she swore up and down to me that she would not be conforming to the family tradition of naming boys with "J" names (which is why I never called dibs on the name.)???  Yeah, that pregnant cousin-in-law

She is being induced next week.  Know what else is next week??  My birthday.  So help me if she has her baby on my birthday it will be all I can do to keep from kicking her in the vagina.  It's like her pregnancy has been some kind of cosmic joke meant to destroy my sanity.

Of course, I don't think she is really gonna have the baby on my birthday because she has requested to be induced late on the 17th so she can have the baby on the 18th because she doesn't want the baby to have an odd numbered birthday.  REALLY?!??!?  WTF??!?!?   All I could think was --"I just wish my baby would've had A BIRTHDAY....period."

I am totally amazed by the ridiculously trivial things that pregnant women that have never dealt with infertility or miscarriage can concern themselves with.  I guess when you have never had worry whether your pregnancy will last long enough for a baby to even be born it's really easy to get all wrapped up in stupid shit like the numerical value of your baby's birthdate.

5) I have 2 different people in my life who are currently (obnoxiously on FB) pregnant with 2nd or 3rd children and blathering on and on about their baby showers.  I may offend some of you but I cannot tell you just how obnoxious I find having a baby shower for your second/third child.  According to my MIL this is somewhat of a newish trend since the advent of gender identification before birth.

Dear Cousin-in-law: 

I am sorry you had a girl first and only registered for pink shit and now you are having a boy but I really don't think I should have to buy you things you already have just because you foolishly bought them in all pink.  Let your little man hang out in the pink Bumb*o chair it'll be good for him. 

Dear Other Friend:
I know you thought you were done with having  kids and sold all your baby stuff and now you are preggo with Baby Whoops (who was conceived right after you had your IUD removed and Daddy "didn't feel like running out to Walgreens for some rubbers", and you completely forgot that your  previous 2 kids were concieved on each first attempt), but why should I have to buy you new baby shit because you guys were careless and didn't use protection.

6) And don't get me started on people having Wedding Showers when 1) this is their 2nd, 3rd..... marriage  or 2) they run off and elope.  (My wedding was a Justice of the Peace type thing and I was not thrown nor did I request a wedding shower)

Wedding/Baby Showers are to help people get the things they need to begin a new phase of life --- you only begin that new phase once ---- choose wisely in the things you ask for and be mindful of cost.  Maybe even get your finances in line before you take that next step???  (Of course maybe I am just bitter because we waited to have kids till we were financially able to support the decision on our own and waiting so long may have contributed to my current difficulties???) 

I guess the reason I am so pissy about this is because some of the things these women have registered for are just ridiculous!!!  Like the $100 baby food processor.  Which is just a food processor in Baby colors ---- seriously???  you can't get a standard food processor for less?  Or the $20 special cutting board just for baby's food?  Come on!

Just because someone else is footing the bill doesn't mean frugality flies out the window.

7) Since I have offended half my readers let me offend the other half.  I have TOTAL respect for teachers --- seriously, I could not do your job.  However, I have gotten so tired of listening to my teacher friends whine on and on on FB about how everyone thinks their job is cake but it's really the hardest job ever, ever, ever.  

This rant is mainly aimed at my sister-in-law.  Everyday on FB she has to announce that she didn't leave school until 5:00pm so everyone who thinks that teachers only work from 8-3 is just stupid.  Of course I always feel the need to remind her that pretty much everyone else in the free world has to stay at work until 5pm and it's not optional.  I also feel the need to remind her that those same people work till 5pm everyday all year round and not just 180 days out of the year.  Don't get me wrong -- teaching is a thankless job that requires a lot of hard work but there are lots of hard working, thankless jobs that DON'T allow people to have 12wks of paid vacation during the year.  

8) My Dad, Aunt, & Uncle are fighting like children over the settling of my Nana's estate.   The items currently being disputed :  an electric mixer, a flower arrangement, and a portrait.

9) Does it seem like everyone out in BOOBland in constant texting contact with everyone else in BOOBland??  Or is it just me??  Maybe I am just having insecurity and not feeling included in both real life and blog life.  

I think that's all I've got but, really, I'm sure this is more than enough. 























12 comments:

  1. You have not offended me with either of your subjects. Sorry, try again. ;) Sorry your pg cousin is a douche-canoe. Jacob is a lovely name but you can come up with something better. Is the fight really about a mixer, flower arrangement, and a portrait?
    I'm not in the texting loop either, we could be texting buddies if you want. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand all too well about the baby stuff...it sucks big time and I wish I didn't know how much. It's REALLY not fair. I hope you can find some peace. XOXO (And I am not the least bit offended!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AJ,

    I so understand about ranting. I just did it the other day about my workplace which I usually love.

    I think we need to get that crap out so I say rant on!

    I'm 48 so at this point in my life I can't relate to much about the pregnancy but I sure hope everything works out for you. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned during this difficult time for you. :)

    I LOVE how honest you were in #9. Girl I've been blogging a year and I have felt like at times that I've had to beg for replies to my blog! lol And I've only received a text from one other BOOB. At times I have felt a little left out so that is one reason I decided to attend Chicago. I want those relationships so I'm trying to do my part. I so understand though.

    Keep your chin up. Things will turn around. I promise.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's all perception honey! I haven't had a text from a BOOB in at least a few weeks....it comes and goes and prob just seems like more since everyone is gearing up for Chicago! You're not alone. People read - they just don't always have time to comment. And OMG _ all those people on FB would have to be shanked by me. JESUS. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. word. and word, again.

    again, we think on the same wave-lenth, like - ALL the time!!!

    especially when I was a step-mom, I hated reading all my fb friend updates that were teachers just BITCH about their job and all it entails. When you're the parent and you think about them as your kids teacher - TOTAL pissed-off-ness. GO do something else then if what you do is SO HORRIBLE. Especially when it involved MOLDING little people's LIVES! augh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Give me your number...I'll text you! :)

    I feel the same way about showers, wedding and baby. I feel the same way about teachers. I admire what they do (most of them) but I've had enough of the martyr talk. I'll add one more ember: Why is it they never want to admit that not EVERY teacher is fantastic? At my job, there are good workers and bad workers...why would teaching be any different?

    Have a great weekend! And seriously...send me your number...just tell me what you want me to text about...food, cycles, exercise, crappy people who are pregnant...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. um, ok, your cuz so not cool! and i totally understand about the showers. and when we were going through infertility i boycotted them all. family, friends knew not to invite...some judged, some understood but i didn't care either way! my sanity came first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, hello????....you have my number....you know you can call or text any time :)

    I had a baby shower with my second child, but I didn't have one with my first. Almost everything I used with my first one was borrowed, so I really didn't have anything left over.

    I don't like it when teachers always bitch about their jobs either.....but....only speaking for myself, I am required to 8 hours a day every day (7-3), if I stayed until 5 (which some times I do if I am behind on paperwork) it would be a 10 hour day. We don't ever get paid overtime, no matter how many hours we work. I also work school dances, after school events, and work on lesson plans every weekend at home. I need to work in you SIL's school system if she is getting paid for 12 weeks vacation. We only get paid for 2 weeks vacation.

    I just believe in my heart that you are going to have a baby before you know it.

    And I mean it...call or text whenever you want.

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. #9... have you taken up any of these other ladies up on their offers for texting or calling? I'm already in contact with half the ladies in blogland, seems like. I'd be happy to exchange snarky texts with you about everyone in our lives - especially the greedy pregnant people. LOL My number is: two one four, five zero four, six four eight nine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree 100% about the showers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree beyond completely with the showers. For whatever it might be worth, I decline 'second showers' every time. My Mother and Sister both know that if I get married again there should be no shower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The showers for each kids and/or wedding is out of hand. I agree, they should be at the most a one and done thing!
    Email me and I will exchange numbers to text!!!

    ReplyDelete