Thursday, August 30, 2012

How to Unfollow a Blog!!!!

Many of you have complained about not being able to "unfollow" many of the abandoned blogs that you have followed. I have also been on a bit of a blogcleaning mission and I think I managed to f*ck up and figure out how to do it.


First things first.....if I tell you how to unfollow then you can't use it to unfollow me, mmkay?? You promise??? Alrighty, I believe you.

Here goes:

1) Go to the blog you wish to unfollow

2) Find the "follow widget" aka the thing with everybody's pics clustered together.

3) Make sure you are signed into the site. If there is a link that say "Join this site" - you aren't signed in and you need to do that.

4) After you sign in you should see your pic above the cluster of followers pics. Under your pic is a tab that says "Options" -- click on that. (see photo 1)

5) When you click the Options tab a menu will drop down. Click on "Site Settings" -- it will take you to another page where you can select to "Stop following this site" (see photo 2)

6) Voila!!! You have officially unfollowed that blog. Just remember you can do this with any blog you wish 'cept for mine. K? K!!
Add caption

9 comments:

  1. You are awesome! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I have been trying to figure out how to unfollow you. Bwahahahahahahha. I kid I kid. Mwah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY!!! That's against the rules!!! :-)

      Delete
  3. OMG! You are my hero!!!! Thank you so much for this! This was driving me absolutely crazy!. I tend to only stop following people who haven't blogged in 6 months or more...just to make room for new ones to follow. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't figured that out, but I did in a fluke, figure out how to hide the old ones, and every once in a while someone surprises me with a post...and it still shows up on my roll when that happens. Thanks for the tutorial...we won't use it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again. I only had a few blogs that hadn't posted in a year but that gives room to read others.

    Does anyone know if there's a way you can put the reading list in order? I would like to be able to do that but haven't had much luck figuring it out.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to do what you say there, but couldn't find the "follow widget" on the blog and couldn't unfollow it. The thing is that the girls that own that blog are harassing me, and I had only started following them when I created my blog ant thought theirs was nice, but they're very rude to all their followers and because of one comment I made, I have the 4 owners sending me offensive messages and also couldn't find a way of reporting them.
    Do you think you could help me with that?
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete