Monday, June 4, 2012

How AJ Got Her Burp Back

WOW!!!  It is so amazing what huge difference a measly .25ccs makes!!!  I am soooo glad that I got my unfill on Friday.  Now, I know that 7.75ccs is my sweet spot and I plan to stay there for a good long time.

I can actually burp again.  I have been so tight in the last 3 months that I was hardly able to burp.  No wonder I have been feeling so gassy, bloated and gross lately.  
I was shocked to see 179.5 on the Dr.'s scale (10 lbs down from when I got my fill in March).  I had fully prepared myself for an obscene gain.  Even though, I am grateful I didn't gain -- I am definitely not patting myself on the back for the loss.

According to the scale's body composition measurements, I had a 3% loss of muscle mass.  I want my muscle back.  The fill nurse said that if I had continued losing muscle it would have definitely hurt my metabolism in the long run and could have led to a serious gain down the road.  This is just a reminder that losing pounds isn't everything.  I know we are all struggling with this concept in one way or another.

I should probably start preparing myself an obscene gain in the near future.  Since my unfill on Friday I feel like I have been eating non-stop.  I guess I am just enjoying real food sooo much.  I am also enjoying not feeling sluggish and tired all the time.

Maybe my inability to consume real food is why I have felt so exhausted I had lost all motivation to workout. (I might be reaching on that one but who knows??)

The week before my unfill I was so tired of getting stuck and PBing that I was living almost exclusively on Cup O' Soup and milkshakes.  I am soooo sick of both.  My body has been dying for real protein and real veggies.  I wanted to eat more than two bites of chicken breast so badly that I would have kicked someone in the shins.

The heartburn is chilling out too, slowly but surely. I also haven't been ripped from my sleep feeling like I am coughing up battery acid.

So there you have it!  Excuse me while I go prepare dinner --- we are having Grilled Chicken and Grilled Squash -- I am so excited.






9 comments:

  1. Woohoo for getting your burp back! I would definitely not be able to live without mine for long, I'd float away. lol

    Enjoy your chicken and squash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't burp for the longest time after getting banded. It wasn't until I got unfilled for my first pregnancy that it came back. So strange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken = YAY. Squash = NO. Acky. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine not burping! That's my first sign that I've eaten too much or too quickly. Burps and Hiccups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're feeling better! What a relief! Enjoy your chicken! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad this unfill got you to a better place! I'm sure not being able to eat real food has made you sluggish and when you feel sluggish you don't want to exercise. Makes perfect sense to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to check out your blog.... I just got banded may 23 and everyone I know and some I don't have felt up my port!!!!

    Love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to have found your blog! And glad your unfill worked well-- it is never good to be too tight.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete