Tuesday, March 20, 2012

2 Year Bandiversary!!!

2 years ago I made the 2nd best decision of my life with the 1st best decision by my side.

Yesterday was mine and The Hubs 2nd Bandiversary!

I had really big plans for some huge celebratory post but I was too busy living me some life.  I ended up having an awesome sushi lunch with one of my girlfriends, at our favorite Japanese restaurant.  We even indulged in some daytime adult beverages (since it was her Spring Break)!!!!

My Band also decided after a few edamame and 2 pcs of tuna that it would slam shut for the day.  It was kind of appropriate in a way ---  what could be a better day to be so SUPER aware of my Band.  I spent the rest of the evening slowly trying to coax down hot tea and Cup O Soup.

As I promised a couple weeks ago, I wanted to post my pre- surgery and current stats.  So here 'ya go!

                            Pre-Surgery              Current (3/2/2012) 

Weight:                       284                              189         = 95 lbs lost
BMI:                           48.8                             32.4        =  16.4 BMI pts lost
Body Fat %:                52.1                            34.8        = 17.3 pt reduction in Body Fat %
Fat Mass:                   146.01 lbs                   66.0 lbs  
Fat Free Mass:          134 lbs                         123 lbs
Total Body Water:      98. lbs                          90 lbs

In the past 2 years, I have lost 33.5% of my starting body weight.


I didn't make my goal of losing 100 lbs by my Bandiversary but I am not too worried about it. I am not gonna let the 5 lbs I haven't lost yet overshadow the 95 lbs I have lost AND KEPT OFF!!!

I have, however, drastically changed my body composition and my fitness level.

I know this because of the numbers listed above and because even though the scale has hardly moved my clothes keep fitting better and I even managed to fit into my first size 12 pants recently.

Here are some befores and afters.

May 2009



Saturday night getting our Irish on with our pals. 

I wasn't able to get a  full body shot of us on Saturday night (my friends were a little drinky faced and could quite grasp my reasoning for a full body pic).

This pic is from a couple weeks ago after my workout. It was one of those -- "I had to do a double take because I really couldn't believe that was me in the mirror" kind of moments.

I puffy heart love the handicapped mirror in this bathroom-- such a kind and forgiving angle.


So there you have it my obligatory Bandiversary post.  I have more things tumbling through my brain about Bandiversaries, success, goals, etc.   I may post some more this week -- I may not. Who knows?

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! You look amazing and you have done so much. I'm super excited for the many years of continued success you will have. Happy Bandiversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bandiversary!!! You look FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Day!! You look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! You look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, "better than CATS!!"?! Nothing is better than CATS. Except sex.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congrats!!!! You guys look 20 years younger in your after picture! And happier too!!! You rock those 95 pounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! You look fit and trim. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you've both come so far!! lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. The before shot looks like a completely different couple. Congrats to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look like a different couple! Isn't it wonderful to take the journey together? Happy Bandiversary to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! You guys look amazing! We were banded just 4 days apart! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww...congratulations!!! You both look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Bandiversary!!! You both look so good and much younger than your before pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Bandiversary! Your transformation is absolutely amazing...so inspirational! And you look so thin! Those numbers speak for themselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy skinnayyy!!!

    ReplyDelete