Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Who Has Two Thumbs And Can't Function If The Sun Isn't Out???

l.-Jan. 2011  r.-Jan. 2012

THIS GIRL!!!!!

For the past week or so the weather has been B-E-A-utiful here in West TN - warm and sunny.  Which leads me to believe that I must have a solar panel attached to my ass because I cannot function without sunshine. All last week and weekend I was hippity hoppity and ready to go, go, go.  Today was the first cloudy, blah day in over a week and I was completely incapable of doing anything. Oh and it didn't help that it was shitballs cold outside too. (There was a time when this was my favorite time of year -- about 90 some odd pounds ago.)  There was no amount of coffee that was able to get my motor running.  It took every ounce of my being to get out of the bed and put on non-jammies.  

I couldn't even muster up going to workout - (doesn't help that today is one my Zumba-less days so I would have had to go to the University Fitness center to hit the treadmill/elliptical). This is even more hilarious considering the whole "this is my new, gettin' serious about more weight loss" post that I am writing for tomorrow.  And even though I got plenty of sleep last night, I am prolly getting in the bed soon.   Like I said ----- Hilarious!!! 

Anyway, I have at least been able to avoid the winter carbfest that usually plagues me on days like today.  


Thought I would post the side by side of my new and old Drivers License pics.  I really wish I had saved my pre-band DL.  The crazy thing is the pic on the left was after I had lost almost 50 lbs. The one on the right was taken a couple weeks ago.   I have always carried half my weight in my face ( I get it from my Dad's side - we grow chins like other people grow fingernails).  When I was bigger I was always sooo jealous of the big girls with skinny faces.  

10 comments:

  1. Dang! That is a great DL pic. It would make me want to get carded all the time lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can really see the change :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look TERRIFIC! I need the sun too just not the heat like we get here in the summer Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the SAME way with the sun/weather. I instantly get depressed if I don't get enough sunny days. Someone told me once that I had seasonal depression or something like that. IDK but I need to start tanning, not for the tan but for the light exposure to make me all happy again! LOL

    how sad is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's called SAD- Seasonal Affective Disorder-it's very common-I also suffer from this, not so much to do with temperature but with sun exposure By the way huge difference with your piccy!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got a new DL picture, too!!! I might steal your idea of posting the side-by-side.

    (PS In my head, you're a brunette...seeing pictures of you is always a bit surprising to me)

    (PPS You look great!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "we grow chins like other people grow fingernails" buahahahaha!

    OK...seriously...I feel the same way when summer hits here. It's so blasted hot that I don't feel like doing ANYTHING. We just gotta mow through it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got the winter carb-fest going on hardcore... I wonder what that's about! Are we trying to insulate ourselves with that? Is it a natural instinct? What's happening?!

    Also, you look fab. :)

    ReplyDelete