Sunday, February 12, 2012

New Plan Round Up Week #1 2/6-2/12

Here is the breakdown on New Plan Week #1:

Overall, this week was alright, but I am new to working a specific plan so I figure it will take me a minute to get it going.  I did manage to see a new low on Saturday morning 185.8.  That is only 1.8 away from my goal of losing 100lbs by my 2nd Bandiversary in March.

Food:  Good

On the whole, I really think that tracking IS improving my food choices (which is one of the main reasons I am doing it.) Although, I did fall into weekend junk food trap.  I think it is helping me see patterns/habits that I can work on as I go.

Speaking of patterns- I need to work on getting the bulk of my Carbs earlier in the day, preferably pre-workout.  This is tough because I don't like having lots on my tummy when I work out because it can lead to me feeling icky during my workout.  However, I have had to resist the post- workout carb crave which is really bad when I get home from working out at 8pm.


Exercise: Okay

I only did 3 days this week for a total of 260 mins of Cardio.   This definitely needs improvement.  I will say, though, that the workouts I did were definitely intense.  I am working on my running stamina and that is getting better.  I have also realized another valuable aspect of exercise.  I eat better on days I work out.  Case closed end of story.


Other Stuff:  

I have realized this week that my water intake plays a much larger role for me than even I realized.  I don't know if it is tied to sweating my face off when I work out or what.  But if I don't drink my 100+ oz. of water a day the scale will go up. Then if I do drink all my water the water the scale will go down.  So turns out, water is kind of a BFD.


I definitely have plenty to work on this week so here's to getting just a little bit better.

6 comments:

  1. Hey darlin', sounds like you had a decent week!! Good for you!! Just wanted to thank you for commenting on my post this morning. I actually wrote my drama queen post mostly because I felt like I overreacted on my post last night, and just needed to calm my crazy down a bit. It didn't bother me too much that nobody commented bcs there wasn't necessarily anything to say about it!! My blog is basically for me and any venting I need. I read your last post about not getting much support, and I say a big screw you to whoever told you you have to be cheerful and fluffy all the dang time!! Your blog is part of YOUR process, and if people don't like it they can read someone else's blog!! I didn't see anything wrong with what you wrote. I'm sorry I don't comment more, in general I'm a sucktastic commenter, but I read all your posts! Thanks for the love today- and I will talk to my doc about the hormone thing- why suffer needlessly!! Big hugs from Montreal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I miss the down-and-out post? I try to comment as much as I can but it's rough on weekends. Anywhoozle, I read somewhere that if you're gonna have carbs, best to have them right after you work out. I forget why. I'll look for the link. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week for you, I bet you'll make it to 100 lbs gone by this time next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be close to 100 pounds - WOW!!! Your week looks like pretty great to me. I understand your point about the working out. But give yourself a pat on the back that you worked out 3 times!! It's better than sitting on the couch watching tv! Congrats on the new low!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg...you are sooo close to 100 lost....woooo hooo. That is so awesome!!! I think I do way better when I track food too.

    ReplyDelete