Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Brownie That Bit Me

I have been really mindful this week of my eating. Keep the calories under control and keeping the quality pretty good. That is, until last night.  I ended up going on a bit of a sugar bender last night and it all started with this thing

It's called Choco-Flan Cake.  My Hubs' Aunt makes it.  It's totally my kryptonite. We attended a fundraising banquet last night and she had made one of these for the occasion.  The slice I had last night was about this size.  No big deal, right? Wrong.  It woke up some sleeping chocolate monster in my head.  I ended up coming home and whipping up a pan of brownies and homemade whipped cream.  By the time, I ate my fill -- I was almost sick to my stomach.  And I felt physically terrible --- it was like I was brownie drunk.

Of course, I went to bed in my sugar haze and woke up feeling terrible this morning. I felt hungover -- so what do I do? Brownies for breakfast, you say?!?!?  You know me so well. This is where the Universe came together to slow my roll for me.  As I am grabbing the brownie dish from the fridge, it flies from my hand and falls to the tile floor.  The pyrex explodes sending glass and brownie to every corner of my kitchen (and few parts of my living room!).

How's that for getting the message that brownies are not part of a complete breakfast???   By the time  the mess got cleaned up, I didn't want to see another brownie for a while.

7 comments:

  1. Oh yes, someone out there wanted those brownies out of your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you didn't try to salvage the brownies on the ground:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely NEED this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg...I almost licked the screen! That looks sooooo good. A similar thing happened to me last week...After a stressful day I stopped to get a Mt. Dew. I opened it as I was walking back to the car and tripped when I stepped off the sidewalk...dropped the bottle and didn't even get a sip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That flan looks amazzzzers! Funny Funny story tho! That was divine THINtervention!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha....I guess that's what it takes to get your attention. Whatever works, right!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why can't my universe be so passive aggressive? :(

    ReplyDelete