1) I have been absent from my blog for way too long. I got distracted by moving and by the time the house was fully disinfected and all the boxes were unpacked the Christmas Crazies were in full swing. Just getting my Christmas tree put up was a clusterfornication of epic proportions. Two trees, four days, and re-lighting a supposedly "pre-lit" tree I finally got it finished and here's proof:
2) My Granddad is terminally ill. He has decided to go home for his final days. There is more to this story and I tried to write it out here but when I got to the 3rd sub-point I kinda figured it needs it's own post. :-/
3) By some cosmic miracle my weight is holding steady. I am not eating well and I am not exercising like I would like to be. Honestly, I don't get it, but I am grateful as all hell. (There is an expanded post here too.)
4) Speaking of exercise, I am struggling to find a good outlet. The Zumba in this part of the world seriously leaves a lot to be desired. I know I am a Zumba snob and I was spoiled by my awesome, challenging instructors in the big city. I also have only ONE gym in my town. Their fees are redonkulous and their facilities are pretty limited and they require a contract --- I am just not geeked about the whole thing.
5) Since the Zumba is so abysmal in this town I am toying with the idea of getting certified to teach Zumba and it scares the panties right offa me.
6) I finally got a replacement wedding ring set since I can no longer wear my actual wedding set. It's Diamonesque or Diamonelle or whatever but it's big, gaudy, and totally blingtacular and I LURVE it!!!
7) I am having a bit of a bloggers etiquette quandry. I really wish there was an Emily Post for blogging so she could tell me if what I am feeling is legit or if I am getting my thong in wad for no good reason.
8) While it may seem like I have been completely MIA --- I have been reading everybody's posts. I haven't been commenting enough. I always feel compelled to say something significant especially if it's a post where someone has totally spilled their guts, but too often I haven't had time or mental strength to say anything of real quality.
9) I haven't wrapped any of my Christmas presents yet. I hate wrapping presents because I am terrible at it. Seriously, a drunk pre-schooler could do a better job.
10) Here are some pics from Christmas 2010 versus Christmas 2011 (taken a couple days ago):
|2010 (L) 2011 (R)|
What a difference a 100+ Lbs. makes?