Monday, November 14, 2011

I Fell Into A Cardboard Box.......

and have only barely managed to climb out.   I just wanted to check in and give a quick update.

I have about half of our new house unpacked a process that would be going much faster if the woman who lived here before wasn't nasty as all hell.  Okay, I know I have beat the "this bitch was filthy" drum so that everyone can hear it. And I am sure many of you are wondering if I the house was actually dirty or am I just a psychotically clean nutbag that chases people around my house with a Dustbuster?

YES-- it really was that dirty.  There really isn't an excuse to leave someone else's property in this condition especially when you have moved all your shizz out and giving the place a moderate scrubbing wouldn't be THAT difficult.   ( I really wish I had taken a picture of what I cleaned up from the 3 inch area around the guest toilet---  you would have all lost weight last week because you wouldn't have wanted to eat for 3 days!!! So gross)     As for my compulsive need for cleanliness, I am really not that psycho about clean and, for the most part, I don't judge other peoples houses. (But this house was out of control and past the point of any reasonable excuse.)   I am not secretly whipping out a white glove to check the status of your bathroom sink.  What I am psycho about is order and organization-- I can't stand clutter.  I also find that once one is able to achieve some measure of order and organization---  keeping clean isn't that difficult.   Long story short I really resent having to clean up someone else's filth.

On a brighter note, I finally weighed myself for the first time in 2 weeks.  The scale rang up 194.4-- whew *wipes sweat off forehead* which is approx a 3lb loss since my last weigh in.  I had been avoiding the scale like crazy for over a week -- the first week I couldn't have weighed if I wanted because the scale was in a box, the second week was just pure avoidance.  As a general rule, I don't weigh myself daily -- for me, I find that it causes more problems than it solves.  In an effort to improve my mental health along with my physical health, I try to not let my mood and happiness be ruled by the # on scale.  I find that if I weigh myself daily I end up beating myself up unnecessarily for what often amounts to fluctuations due to water retention or being constipated.  And really, should your psyche have to take a beating because your colon is being a slacker??

I have avoided weighing myself the past couple weeks because A) I have been eating junk and not working out and B) If I did have a gain there really wasn't shit I could do about it with all my stuff crammed into a cardboard box.   My first reaction was total disbelief because all I could think about were our food choices of late ---- but then I thought about my refrigerator that is crammed with take out boxes of meals that I had to bring home because I could only eat a 1/4 of what was served to me.  And once again,  I thought about how much I love my band.


4 comments:

  1. Super cute photo and yes, my garbage is filled with 1/2 eaten carry out salads. I love it ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to hear from you girl, i hope you get things together soon and things are able to go back to "normal", i feel your pain, we're so much alike in the organization/cleanliness area!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great loss!

    Here's what kills me about renting. The landlord always charges you an upfront cleaning fee. The idea is that it's for once you move out. Now, I always scrub the place down to get my deposit back but they're still supposed to use the cleaning fee for carpets, new paint if necessary, etc. What the hell do they do with this money if they aren't using it to clean?!?! Ugh! Sorry - off my soapbox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered what happened to you! :) Congrats on the loss!

    ReplyDelete