Monday, October 17, 2011

What the French, Toast?

Don't let the title fool ya--- this post has nothing to do with breakfast foods covered in maple syrup.  Actually, this post doesn't involve covering anything in maple syrup. I am thinking if it did this would prolly need to be a whole different kind of blog.  (Excuse me for a second, while I remember the point of this post...................................Oh, yeah!!!)

So I have been hanging at 203lbs for almost 2 weeks now.  I got my period a week ago and got all bloated and gross feeling so the whole weight loss thing has slowed down to a crawl.  These last 4 lbs before Ohneederland feel like they are mocking me, but that isn't really what I wanted to talk about.

I am currently rocking a Size 14 Misses jeans and Large tops (Thank the Lawd I am still rocking some DD bra action).  However, it has been almost 15 years since I have seen 203lbs and I am pretty sure that I wasn't wearing a 14 Misses jeans or Large tops the last time I was there. As a matter of fact, I am almost positive that the last time I saw 203lbs I was filling out every bit of a plus size 16.  I will acknowledge that the last time I saw 203lbs I wasn't taking Zumba classes till my face melted off but still.....really?

I think I have to call bullshit of some of these sizing standards.  I am starting to think that in the past 15 years while I was stuck spinning my wheels at Lane Bryant the rest of the fashion industry decided to monkey with the sizes in "regular" stores.  My main argument for this is that I still have a lot of the "skinny" clothes held over from my lowest weight.  Many of those clothes are size 14 and still have quite a ways to go before I can even get them snapped let alone actually wear them.

So like I said, WHAT THE FRENCH, TOAST??  What are you guys experiences with sizes?  Are you as confused as me as to what happened over the past few years?

6 comments:

  1. Totally confused by sizes...
    My friend who worked for Ralph Lauren explained it like this: The more expensive the clothes the smaller they run b/c the cost of the material is more. This is why a size 12 at Target is too big for me and a size 14 at the gap is snug...
    I think this makes sense. What the french toast! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *new follower* - found you via JRD ! When you get the size thing figured out - please let us know. I'm still in mostly stretchy cloths so I'll be happy (well, not really) have this problem ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not ONE size in anything any more. Not even shoes. Drives me batty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanity sizing. It's the devil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! The vanity sizing has gotten redonk!!! In some styles, I'm a 12, others a 14 and some I still need a 16. WTH???

    Oh! And am I the only one who gets Ohneederland?!? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sizing confuses the hell out of me too! They need more standard sizing!

    ReplyDelete