Friday, October 7, 2011

My First BYOC- 10/7/11

My first BYOC, courtesy of Drazil 


1. If you were given $1,000,000 that you had to spend ONLY ON YOURSELF....how would you spend the money?  


When I started this post this morning I was gonna say clothes, but then I spent the afternoon at the mall.  I went it to get some hair junk and thought that I would stroll around checking out the "regular" sized stores (since I haven't been in any of them since college.)  It was moderately traumatic--by the time I left I just wanted to come home and sit in a dark room and rock myself back and forth while someone pets my head and says things like "There, there, it will be okay.  Those skinny jeans can't hurt you anymore."

I would get some spa services and shoes and maybe buy some fun fashion type jewelry.  I would eventually work up the nerve to buy some clothes but only under the guidance of my BFF/stylist Michael and his fella, Randy.  



*Edit:  Haha!!  I totally thought this said $1000 I am sure you guys were like, "Dang, girl, how much waxin' and massagin' do you need?"  


I would totally pay off our last little bits of debt.  There would be a major vacation (considering the Hubs and I haven't been on vacay in almost 6 years. )  And plastic surgery, I have got the beginnings of saggy skin swanglin' and janglin' on the inside of my thigh.  


2. Who would you say is the one person that's had the most influence on your life? By that, I mean the person that has molded you in to the person you are today?


Honestly, I can't put it on any one person.  There are multiple people who have influenced the various elements of my life. I also find that I am more influenced by experiences than by people.  It would be easier for me to pinpoint experiences in my life that profoundly impacted me more so than just people.  Although, The Hubs has been pretty stinkin' pivotal in helping me become who I am.  He has done a lot to calm down my crazy.  

3. What is your normal morning routine? Are you a bear in the morning, or is the morning your favorite part of the day?



The time we wake up depends on the day.  The Hubs and I get up, he takes the dog out and carries out the trash.  I start the coffee maker.  I also make the rounds through the house and start my 'chores' like running laundry or the dishwasher. Then I am usually getting ready to bug out for one of my Zumba classes.  I am very hit or miss on whether or not I am a morning person.  Some mornings I wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed and then some mornings I wake up wearing my cranky pants.  I do have to get out of the bed before 7am if I have any hope of being remotely functional for the rest of the day.  If I sleep in past then I am usually worthless for the rest of the day.  


4. If you're a Facebook and Twitter user, which do you prefer and why? If you're just a Facebook user, what do you think of the new changes? 




I use both.  I tend to favor Facebook although I have cooled my heels quite a bit on FB lately.  I recently underwent a massive overhaul to my FB account.  If you read this post and this post you will understand why.  I could care less about the changes.  
.
5.  Repeat question....how was your week in real life and in blog land this week? 



IRL-  Pretty okay,  I bagged out of 2 straight days of Zumba and went a little gonzo on the carbs and wine, thanks largely in part to Aunt Flo.  I am feeling bloated up like a puffer fish.  The scale was up a smidge because of all the retained water.

Blog Land - Nothing short of AH-SOME!!!  I have so many new followers and over a dozen extremely kind and encouraging comments.  Thanks again for all your support!!  



2 comments:

  1. Shopping in normal-sized stores can be traumatic. Just dust your shoulders off and stick in the Women's section a little longer if you need to. Nothing looks better than clothes that FIT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the biggest problem though. The plus sizes aren't working anymore. I think I will stick with Old Navy they are aren't too scary.

    ReplyDelete