Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Kind of Love That Makes Other People Wanna Puke

That is how I would explain what I have had for the past 10 years with The Hubs.  Today is our 10th anniversary and this is the post where I gush out all my stupid, drooling, nauseating love for The Hubs.
First, though, this is for him.


I don't know how I did it.  11 years ago I manage to stumble my way into dating a really nice guy that I had been "good acquaintances" with for a couple years.  We dated for 10 months and decided to get married, so we did, like 3 weeks later.  'Cause it's just like in When Harry Met Sally- "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want that the rest of your life start as soon as possible!" 
This is one aspect of my life where I truly got so freaking lucky.  I managed to find the most wonderful guy ever who would love me just as much if I were still sporting the 80ish lbs that I have lost. So many times I have heard stories of overweight people (particularly women) "settling" for partners and spouses that do not treat them well or support them because they have been trained over time that they "deserve less" in life because they are overweight.  I married a wonderful man who chose to take on this journey with me and I owe it all to blind, dumb luck. :) 

He understands my crazy and probably about 87.6% of the time he loves my crazy.  He is not crazy and that is why we work. When I make a big deal about how I turned off my flat iron before we leave the house so that when we get 5 miles down the road and I say "OMG, did I remember to turn of the flat iron?!?!" he just says "Yep, you told me." like this is something everybody does.

He tells me I am pretty now AND he told me I was pretty 80lbs ago.  He has never been purposefully mean or hurtful even when I have let my smart mouth run away from me.  He is my best friend and on any given day he is the only person I wanna hang out with.

We make a great team.   There have been a lot things in the past 10 years that were really difficult to get through, but us being together has been pretty easy.

We have 3,672 inside jokes and 3,642 of them make no sense to anybody else.

I love him so much it's gross.  I love that we have been stupid over each other for the past 10 years and, because we made the decision together to change our lives and get healthy, I can get excited about another 10 years of gross, stupid love.

Jan 2011

I love you, punkin.




11 comments:

  1. I hope to find this kind of love someday and enjoy every bit of it for 10 years and more! Congrats on making it 10 years!!! Have the best of times and keep smiling through the next 10 =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 10 years! Love this post. I can relate to everything you wrote ~ except me and my husband have 3467 private jokes that no one gets! Ha!! Lucky Love is the best!! Here's to 20 more years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the both of you!!!

    My husband and I have a load of inside jokes as well! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tribute to your hubby. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!! Congrats on 10 years and many more to come your way. Love is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! Congrats on 10 years! Here's to 30 more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the 10 years!!! I wish you many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! You both look sooo very happy!! Here's to many, many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, happy anniversary, AJ!! I, too, found a man that I love so much people barf over it too. Especially on FB. And I don't care, because he's awesome, and I'll shout it from the rooftops if I want to. You go girl - celebrate your love!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's soooo nice to "meet" someone so in love with their spouse. Sorry I didn't comment sooner, but I was out celebrating my own Anniversary.

    I love the "10 years!" clip.

    ReplyDelete