Friday, October 28, 2011

BYOC 10/28/2011


1. When did you begin blogging? Do you plan to do it a long time or do you think you’ll stop after a while? 

Like seriously blogging?  about 5 minutes ago.  The Hubs and I had a couple false starts in the early part of our journey.   Right now, it's really helping me to reach out to other people in my situation.  Also, it's really helping to have a place to dump all the clutter in my brain.   When it stops helping----I will stop doing it.

2.  What do you enjoy more - blogging yourself or reading other’s blogs?

I really like reading others blogs because I like to find out about other people's journeys. When I read other blogs it makes start thinking and there we are back to the whole "where do I put this clutter in my brain?" so then I have to blog.  

3.  What’s the biggest thing blogging has taught you? Biggest surprise about blogging?

I am trying to learn that I don't wait and save up my posts until I am able write something totally witty and profound.  If I did that, I would post maybe 3 times a year.  :)  I was really amazed at how, once I put myself out there to a couple folks, I got a lot of support.

4.  Have you met any other bloggers in real life – solely because of your blog or theirs?

Not yet----but I have already marked BOOBS 2012 down on my calendar.  Several of my followers and those I follow live within a reasonable distance of me so I wouldn't be shocked if there were some mini-get togethers in the future. 

5.  Does your blog have a general theme as in one topic or do you cover everything and anything?

I am trying to keep it pretty centered on the LapBand/ WLS topic since most of you that are following me are also Bandsters/WLSers.  I think as things go on I may reveal more of my life and personality and it may end up transitioning to something else.  I have no plans for that just yet.

6.  Are you public or anonymous? Whichever you are – do you ever wish you were the other?

I would say that I am publicly anonymous? or anonymously public?  I don't know.  Obviously, I put photos of myself on here so if someone who knew me stumbled on here they would realize it's me.  The Hubs knows and  I think he stops by to read it from time to time-- although I have usually rambled to him ad nauseum about whatever I am writing about anyway so it's generally old news to him. 

I haven't told anyone in my real life about it.  I am trying to keep it so that I wouldn't be ashamed of anything on here but if I want to censor the crap out of what I have to say then I just hang out on Facebook.  I want to keep this anonymous enough that I can be fairly blunt and honest with what I say.  

7.  What’s your best blogging advice for a new blogger?

Nobody is gonna read your stuff if you aren't reading theirs. You get what you give.   Also, you need to know what it is you are trying to get out of blogging -- otherwise you won't have any motivation.  Is is just me or does that sound a whole lot like the whole weight loss/lapband journey in general?? 

8.  Does anyone in your real life read your blog/know it’s address? Do you wish they would or wouldn’t?

Like I said, the Hubs knows-- he is the only one.  


9.  Do you enjoy blogging or do you view it as a chore? How often do you blog?

I do enjoy it.  I enjoy interacting with all the folks I am meeting.  If I viewed it as a chore I don't think I would do it.  I have entirely too many other things that are chores that I can't opt out of.  I do tend to get spazzed out over grammar and whether or not what I am writing is profound or witty enough.   Many of you guys seemed to find me funny when I first started and now I worry that I am not keep up the standard. :/  



I try to have something moderately fresh to say--  but at least once a day I see/do/hear something that makes me think "Oh, yeah, I'm blogging this shit!!" 

10.  Do you tell people in your real life that you blog? Or keep it a secret?


Nope, once again. I haven't let a lot of people in on the emotional/psychological side of my weight loss journey.  I will explain a PB to someone all day but to dig into my "fat girl isshuhs"---nope, can't do it.   Quite frankly, I don't trust many people in my life with that part of myself.   Why I will spill this to people who are essentially strangers online--- no idea?  I am very pleased with how supportive and respectful this little blog community really is--- plus, most of what I am saying is all stuff you guys have lived/ or living too.   

I also want a place that I can just blow the help up if I need to do it, and I don't want to worry about my friend, uncle, cousin, or whoever getting their panties in a wad about what I say here.   I know there is a moderate chance that someone in my life may find out since I am not being super secret, but I am also not telling everyone I know.  

Oh, and that reminds me,  some you wonderful folks have invited me to friend you on FB.  I haven't done it for anyone because I have really been having trouble with FB lately.  I have just seen too much of my "friends" ugly sides on FB.  There have been too many people that I used to really like but after too much time on FB they either annoy me to no end or I have zero respect for them anymore.  Since I really like what I know of you guys--- I don't want FB to change that.  So that is why I will not be merging my blog life with FB life.  


3 comments:

  1. I live within a very reasonable distance to you :-) Just let me know when you wanna get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meeting people is awesome, because it's like you're seeing a movie star in real life! :) I agree, I don't want to show too many people in real life for the simple fact that I'm so vulnerable in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think what people want to see more than anything (like witty writing, etc.) is your personality shining through. I like to feel that I'm getting to know bloggers better.

    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete