Thursday, October 6, 2011

10 Things Thursday

1)       I have 17 followers (Whoo!)  Many of your blogs I have read before and many of you are new to me.  I am trying really hard to read and catch up on all your stories and try to leave comments.

2)      Aunt Flo is in town and that bitch makes me do the most ridiculous things like skip Zumba class today and order a hot fudge sundae for breakfast (Don't be judgin')

3)     One of my favorite hobbies is couponing.  (Before you ask, no, I don't have 600 tubes of toothpaste or a 7 yr supply of toliet paper in my garage.)  But seriously, the first time you get free deodorant---you'll be hooked.

4)     The Hubs and I are moving again in a month.  It's only the 4th move in as many years.  By now, I am a world class box packer.

5)     My fave Zumba instructor is correct.  I am a ZUMBA SNOB.   The more classes I take the higher the standard that I set for the instructors.  I am getting more and more picky about the quality of routines and music.  I mean, come on, we are taking our time to workout at least the instructor can do is bring the pain, right?

6) While we are on the topic of Zumba, I need to rant a little about my Zumba class pet peeves.
*Do not show up late to a crowded class and then try to squeeze in leaving little room for other to move around.
* Unless you class has place assignments, you do not OWN your spot in the classroom- if it means that much to you --- GET THERE EARLY ENOUGH TO GET IT, don't push in on the people who arrived early.
* Unless, it's a family class--  don't bring the kids unless they are gonna actively and properly participate in the class-- if the gym has childcare that is where they need to be.
* Get off the cell phone before you come into the class room.  Even if class hasn't started, Zumba is
where many of us come to de-stress and get away from the daily BS of our lives so the last thing we want to hear is you whining about your stress to the person on the other end of the line.  Just sayin'.

7)    I am currently not working. That is partly by choice and partly not (My industry is being hit hard by the bad economy which has created an environment I am not sure I want to work in).  I don't have children yet.  I get really frustrated with judging looks that I get from people when I tell them this.  I am not even sure if I am ready to discuss in depth on the blog yet. [Maybe when we get to know each other better ;)]  The biggest problem with it right now is that we live in a very affluent area of the country (we are not)  so when you tell folks that you don't work but you aren't a stay at home mom they are real quick to categorize you as a pampered "Real Housewives" type. (Don't get me wrong we have plenty of them here.)    I will be the first to admit that I am blessed and fortunate that our situation allows me to make this choice (our situation wasn't always so good), but my choice to be a stay at home wife isn't without its sacrifices.

8)    I cannot wait for colder weather.  I am very hot natured so summer in South kills me. (Something that I used chalk up to being fat but, nope, I am just a hot, sweaty beast in general.)   I am ready to rock my sweaters (they make my boobs look AHH-SOME)  and my fuzzy boots.  

9) I love my parents and extended family but they are some seriously dysfunctional folk and they stress my shit out in a way I cannot even explain.    Except my Nana, she is the most wonderful person ever.

10) I HATE lettuce with every fiber of my being.  It is my one and only food deal breaker.  There are lots of food that I am not fond of, for example-- raw tomatoes, not a fan.  However, if I go to a restaurant and order a meal that has raw tomatoes and the kitchen fails to honor my request to leave them off it's no big deal I can pick them off.  If I request that lettuce be left off and you bring me something covered in lettuce--
oh no, not just no, but HAYLE NO!  That shizz is going back.  I have mellowed on my stance so as to be able to pick off full leaf lettuce, but that nasty shredded lettuce (a la the stuff they have at Subway) will make me wanna hurl every time.  I don't even like to eat things that have been too close to the lettuce in the fridge.  (Thank you LapBand for making our house a lettuce free zone since The Hubs can't handle it anymore either.)

BONUS VIDEO!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am a stay-at-home-wife also (no kids by choice). I've been doing it for about 2 years, and I still have to resist the urge to justify my lifestyle to everyone I meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby and I have both said that if we could afford it, kids or no kids (we have kids but I digress), I'd stay home. He'd love not to have to worry about the domestic stuff and I'd love to not have to clock in every day. People shouldn't be all judgmental about it.

    I feel the same about shredded lettuce but like full leaf lettuce. Go figure.

    And I agree with all of your Zumba etiquette points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay to be a Zumba snob; I'm a spin snob, so I can relate!! :)

    ReplyDelete