Thursday, October 13, 2011

10 Things Thursday 10/13/11

10 Things That Have Changed About Me Thanks to My LapBand


1)  I drink 2-3L of water per day.  Anything less and I feel sluggish and cranky.  The only other beverage I drink with regularity is coffee or wine.  I cannot remember the last time I had a soda.  

2) I now know what it feels like to sweat so much I get cold.  I had someone describe this phenomenon to me once and I thought they were nutballs and then it happened to me.  It's kinda weird.  

3)  I can take or leave most foods on most days.  I don't emotionally invest in food anymore. 

4) I think I have actually become a person who "craves" exercise.  I haven't skipped working out for more than 2 days in a row in over 6 weeks.  

5) I no longer snore so loud that I suck the wallpaper off the walls.  

6) I usually consume fast food one time a week or less. (Pre band it was at least once a day)  The Chick-fil-a Kids 3pc nugget kids meal is my go to fast food option.  My other fast food fave is Wendy's Chili and Krystal burgers (for you non-Southerners, it's like a White Castle only more awesome--and usually consumed in the wee hours of the morning after having 1 too many drinkies at the bars)  

7) I have learned to take a compliment and even give one to myself from time to time.

8) I am able to give myself constructive criticism without beating myself up.  Mainly, honestly assessing if my habits and behaviors are productive to my goal without using negative talk to chastise myself.  

9) By raising the bar for what I expect of myself and how I treat myself I have also raised the bar for how I expect to be treated and dealt with by others.  I no longer accept other people's bullshit because I somehow believe I deserve less than everyone else. As I learn to like myself more and more I am less and less concerned with pleasing people so they will like me.  

10)  I finally feel like I am healthy (mentally and physically) enough to be the kind of parent that I would like to be and now feel ready to have some chilluns.  

3 comments: